Monday, April 16, 2012

The Year of Reading More and Writing Better


Brain Pickings is a new blog (new to me) that I have been following. The site has named 2012 the Year of Reading More and Writing Better. Now this is a cause I can get behind--mainly because I attach that label to every year.
The site already has a lot of good stuff on writing and reading. The tips and vignettes are a great compliment to our other posts on writing. This could be the year.

Start with the January 9 postThe Elements of Style is the first book on the first reading list of the year.

Also, here is a cross-post at the Atlantic: Kurt Vonnegut's 8 Tips on How to Write a Great Story. I like 1, 4, and 5.
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel that the time was wasted...

No comments:

Post a Comment