Saturday, May 12, 2012

Counterpoint to CJCS


In a counterpoint to out last post about the CJCS, Robert Goldich, former senior military manpower analyst for the Congressional Research service, thinks GEN Dempsey is a knuckle-dragger without vision:
I see official remarks and documents that seem to me to be nothing more than a stringing together of contemporary pop phrases in military-strategic affairs, dispensing conventional wisdom. There seems to me to be a lack of intellectual rigor in his published statements of policy. I found his first CJCS reading list to be amazingly puerile, filled with that most suspicious of categories of written material, best sellers on general booklists.
I think Goldich is an academic who's brain is getting in the way of his ability to see the world as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment