Thursday, November 1, 2012

Neil Sheehan reviews my new book, and my article in Atlantic tickles Special Ops

Neil Sheehan reviews my new book, and my article in Atlantic tickles Special Ops:
My book
on American generalship comes out today.
Here is Neil Sheehan's review
of it in the Washington Post. He
calls the Vietnam section "the best part of the book." (There also is a review
in the Wall Street Journal by Andrew
Roberts. He likes my writing more than Sheehan does but disagrees with my
conclusions.) 

I've been busy lately. Here is an article
I have in the current issue of the Atlantic.
Special Operators must get their copies early somehow, as I've began hearing
from them about it in the middle of last week. Also, an Air Force general
writes, "much truth in this article and it does not apply just to the
Army. The proclivity to promote non-risk taking, non-controversal, middle
of the road, do-nothings to senior general officer positions from
2008 to 2012 has really affected the Air Force in a negative way."

And here's a good interview that ran
this morning Steve
Inskeep of NPR
about the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment