Monday, May 21, 2012

Protect your Time

Good advice from Eli Broad: "Let's move on."
Time is the most valuable thing you have--and I’m not just talking about the minutes for which you’re paid. 
I try to be in control of all of my time--from the first hours after I wake, to the slower hours before bed, to all those little minutes that get eaten up by idle chatter during meetings. Being stingy with your time is the key to working 24/7 but still getting 8 hours of sleep, as I do almost every night. 
The best way to take control of your time is to know what you must do.
Thinking that everything is important, that every request from other people has to be answered with a yes, will make 24 hours seem inadequate. In fact, there are very few things that you truly have to do. This category should include only the things that make you run--the things you couldn’t live or work without. Nothing else comes close to being crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment